Search for atmospheres
World of One
Donnie’s sanctuary is his escape from the outside world. That may sound strange, as how much further can you stray from the city life than the sewers? “But,” Donnie would argue, “Where would you go to escape even that?”
It’s extremely late...or rather, somewhat early, and the lair is silent. A subway train’s subtle presence growls occasionally in the distance. An old recording of a Japanese news broadcast plays on repeat in the quietest of whispers. The dampness of the sewers themselves are more difficult to tune out; steam, drips, and the light overhead constantly fritzing are reminders. But Donnie’s got his computer and monitors running hot (a fan to keep them from overheating, of course) and he can keep this up for hours.
(Credit to Duz for inspiration. Credit to Peter Mayer, “The Introvert Song” for the title of this ambience. “The Introvert Song” played low is a great addition. Also Donnie would probably get a kick out of it.)
Comments for "World of One"
License details for "World of One"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Neon Light Sparking by beatnikhannah +)
- Japanese news by demetan by Dementan from http://freesound.org +)
- Echoing waterdrips by editor_adp from http://www.freesound.org +)
- Ambient Bass Rumble by Freesound.org +)
- Computer keyboard typing by Halleck from http://freesound.org +)
- Water dripping slow by mich3d from http://freesound.org +)
- Old Ventilator by ofabra from http://freesound.org +)
- Steam burst by Sorry, can't remember +)