Search for atmospheres
An Evening in the Parlour of the House on the Lake
The Phantom's Parlour
Far beneath the Palais Garnier, deep within the bowels of the fifth cellar, there is a strange home on the shore of an underground lake. Like the proper, common homes on the surface, this too has a parlour, fitted with all the usual objects one would expect. The fireplace is alight, crackling softly. A grandfather clock stands guard along the far wall, surrounded on all sides by the elaborate damask wallpaper. Large rugs from around the Orient cover the floors, overlapping each other in an artful, though haphazard, manner. The grand piano rests in its dedicated corner, silent for the first time in hours. The home's owner, Erik, an astonishing man of curious skills that need not be detailed here, sits at a desk, his left hand scrawling at a steady pace, almost painting music itself onto the paper. His right hand strokes along the head of his Siamese cat, Ayesha, who purrs loudly enough to rival the fire. Christine Daaé, Erik's student in a rather complicated manner, has chosen several large tomes from his extensive library and has arranged herself, skirts and all, on an elegant divan. Beside her is a cup of tea, to soothe her throat after the day's singing lessons. It is a moment of comfortable silence at the end of a long day, in the strange house on the lake.
Comments for "The Phantom's Parlour"
License details for "The Phantom's Parlour"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Quill Scribble by 6polnic from http://freesound.org +)
- Old Book Being Handled by Abolla from http://freesound.org +)
- 1840s Grandfather Clock by daveincamas from http://www.freesound.org/people/daveincamas/sounds/27077/ +)
- steady fireplace by kangaroo +)
- Pouring tea, drinking by lunafaery +)
- Purring by mich3d from freesound.org +)
- Fliping paper by original by yaron_elh from http://freesound.org, edited by sparklyhedgehog +)
- Sitting on a chair by renatofarabeuf from http://freesound.org +)