Search for atmospheres
"The emperor’s palace was the most beautiful in the world. It was built entirely of porcelain, and very costly, but so delicate and brittle that whoever touched it was obliged to be careful. In the garden could be seen the most singular flowers, with pretty silver bells tied to them, which tinkled so that every one who passed could not help noticing the flowers. Indeed, everything in the emperor’s garden was remarkable, and it extended so far that the gardener himself did not know where it ended. Those who travelled beyond its limits knew that there was a noble forest, with lofty trees, sloping down to the deep blue sea, and the great ships sailed under the shadow of its branches. In one of these trees lived a nightingale, who sang so beautifully that even the poor fishermen, who had so many other things to do, would stop and listen. Sometimes, when they went at night to spread their nets, they would hear her sing, and say, “Oh, is not that beautiful?” But when they returned to their fishing, they forgot the bird until the next night. Then they would hear it again, and exclaim “Oh, how beautiful is the nightingale’s song!”"
- H. C. Andersen, The Nightingale
Comments for "The Nightingale"
License details for "The Nightingale"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Gong Sustain by Dianakc from http://freesound.org +)
- Chimes2 by http://freesound.org +)
- Footsteps in castle by https://freesound.org/people/Robinhood76/sounds/70024/ +)
- room ambience by littleboot from http://freesound.org +)
- Random chinese music by Mariusz Jasionowicz - www.raresound.co.uk +)
- Woodland Stream by planetmonkey FreeSound +)
- Nightingale Song 3 by reinsamba from freesound.org +)