Search for atmospheres
The Scorch Trials
The Maze Runner: James Dashner
This is an ambiance based off of the scorch trials by James Dashner. I made this because his descriptive writing was the most inspiring out of all the books read. My atmosphere was based on the scorch; a hot desert setting with many malicious monsters called cranks. A disease called the flare brought ruin to a once normal town that the gladers, a group of teenagers who escaped the maze in the first book, are now faced with due to WICKED. I believe the tone was panicked. Some sounds I used to create the tone include heavy breathing from running, what I believe a crank sounds like, screams and many explosions or gun noises. This is how I imagined the scorch to sound like as if I was in the story witnessing everything. One theme I believed is in the story is to believe the people who are close to you even if things appear to be different. Teresa leaves Thomas to help another group and he feels betrayed but in the end she was saving his life.
Comments for "The Maze Runner: James Dashner"
License details for "The Maze Runner: James Dashner"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- ambient_wind_howling by Evilface38 +)
- Binaural Chopper by George Vlad of Alchemy Audio Design +)
- Woman Scream by https://freesound.org/people/viznoman/sounds/267307/ +)
- Footsteps on Sand by https://www.freesound.org/people/DasDeer/ +)
- Human Beast Roar by jellybelly +)
- explosions and gunshots by Ramston from http://freesound.org +)
- Desert badlands by Solas67 +)
- Fast Breathing Boy by SpliceSound +)