Search for atmospheres
Aboard the Imperial Flagship.
It's dim down here, dim and cool. The humming surrounds you. Humming, metallic creaking, weird dripping/bubbling noises, and something that can only be called large breaths. You know, like from something large.
There's a light at the end of the hall. A weird, pulsing, almost-fluorescent-but-better-described-as-sickly, kind of light. The barely-blue luminescent panels above your head simply can't compete. Like a moth to a flame, because there's nothing else to do, you open the door.
You have a feeling that they would be pinkish-purple in the sunlight, but here they look more lavender-grey. Growing out of the walls, oozing from the ceiling, carpeting the floor, all shiny with the saltwater that drips from above to settle in five inch-deep pools reflecting the source of that weird light.
The screen embedded in the side of the room flickers to life, bright green letters flashing across the black background.
WELCOME TO FLAGSHIP ONE
Comments for "The Helmsman"
License details for "The Helmsman"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- gk_radio_chatter_1_long by *)
- Heavy breathing ¥ by Crpdeth from http://freesound.org +)
- Metallic Footsteps by http://www.freesound.org/people/RutgerMuller/ +)
- Electricity 1 by Karl Welty at Cloverfield Audio Production +)
- Single water drop by kijjaz from http://freesound.org +)
- SpaceshipRumble by Robinhood76 from http://freesound.org +)
*) Soundsnap.com license