Search for atmospheres
Inside the Mines
The District 12 Mines
Then something unexpected happens. At least, I don't expect it because I don't think of District 12 as a place that cares about me. But a shift has occurred since I stepped up to take Prim's place, and now it seems I have become someone precious. At first one, then another, then almost every member of the crowd touches the three middle fingers of their left hand to their lips and holds it out to me. It is an old and rarely used gesture of our district, occasionally seen at funerals. It means thanks, it means admiration, it means good-bye to someone you love.
Comments for "The District 12 Mines"
License details for "The District 12 Mines"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Crackling Fire by Acclivity from http://freesound.org +)
- Steam train whistle single by bidone from freesound.org +)
- Crowd Shouting by DickBlox from http://freesound.org +)
- Cave wind by http://freesound.org +)
- Bird Chorus by Jack Braglia [www.BlastAudioSolutions.com] +)
- Beer Bottle Clink by Mike Koenig from soundbible.com +)
- Footsteps on Gravel by revolt2563 fromhttp://freesound.org +)
- Heavy Machinery by XTR from http://freesound.org +)