Search for atmospheres
Picnic at Hanging Rock
The picnic grounds near Hanging Rock, Australia, 1900. St. Valentine's Day. Jagged rock formations are seen straight ahead. It is an unbearably hot day, and you and your classmates of Appleyard College have loosened your clothing to be more comfortable. Bird and insect noises fill the air. There are two large white tablecloths underneath the shade of a tree. The meal consists of chicken pie, angel cake, jellies, bananas, and tea, all laid out on the cloths. You lie on your stomach, lazily looking around. Your french teacher is asleep on the edge of a tablecloth. A younger girl helps herself to tea, spilling some of the sugar. Another girl does needlework. Your math teacher is reading, while two other students sketch her on larger pads. The carriage driver smokes a pipe and looks out at the babbling stream.
Comments for "Picnic at Hanging Rock"
License details for "Picnic at Hanging Rock"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Page Turning by DrMaysta from http://freesound.org +)
- Stream by Flame +)
- Woman Humming by Hailey Rose +)
- Birds in forest park by Owl [freesound.org/people/Owl/sounds/187660/] +)
- Evening in the Forest by Reinsamba from http://freesound.org +)
- Walking through forest by Reinsamba from http://freesound.org +)
- Writing on paper nk by sportygurl37 from http://freesound.org +)
- Girly laughing by Whoactuallyfillstheseout +)