Search for atmospheres
A Quiet Evening in the Auvergne
In Matthew's secluded tower at Sept Tours, the de Clairmont family stronghold in the Auvergne region of France. A pleasant escape from the influx of creatures at the Bodleian, here you might actually get some work done. There's a fire crackling softly, almost politely, in the hearth and Marthe just brought you some tea, which you've doctored to perfection. You stir it absently every now and then as you work. You reverently turn the pages of one of the astonishingly rare volumes to be found on the centuries-old shelves and sigh every time a wayward strand of hair falls into your eyes, or an alchemical illustration's deeper meaning momentarily eludes you. Matthew's busy writing in a ledger, occasionally shuffling through the stack of papers on his desk. From time to time, he gets up to open another bottle of wine, and a fruity scent mingles with the waves of Jasmine-infused steam rising from your porcelain teacup, the musty old leather tomes, and the ever-present hint of cloves emanating from the scribbling vampire across the room.
Comments for "Matthew's Tower"
License details for "Matthew's Tower"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Quiet Page Turn by -k-is_the_author +)
- Old Book Being Handled by Abolla from http://freesound.org +)
- Stirring Tea* by http://freesound.org +)
- Clock Ticking by keweldog from http://freesound.org +)
- Woman Sigh by lauriesafari from http://freesound.org +)
- Fireplace by martats from http://freesound.org +)
- Papers Shuffling sc by mohomran +)
- Pouring Wine by unimportant +)