Search for atmospheres
Riding in Charlie's Police Cruiser
Arriving in Forks
You still can't really believe this is happening. It still seems completely surreal. Your mother has decided to run off with her new boyfriend, and so now, you're being forced to leave warm and comforting Phoenix, AZ, for the drab, wet, unwelcoming lands of Forks, WA, where your father, Charlie, lives.
He's picked you up from the airport - as you had guessed, in his police cruiser - to take you to a tiny town you haven't set foot in since you were seven years old...
The ride is... uneasy. You are both clearly reaching for something to say, to fill the air, but neither of you succeeds. You try to stay relaxed with your favorite activity, reading, but it's hard to focus. Charlie is busy with his favorite activity, baseball, and the sound of his police radio makes intermittent interruptions.
Regardless, you can't stop thinking about how you'll be starting a new life, at a new school, in a new town, and then you feel your heartbeat loud and strong. So, you spend much of the ride just looking out the window at the rain, and wondering what might be in store for you in this mysterious new place...
Comments for "Arriving in Forks"
License details for "Arriving in Forks"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Male Sigh by chrillz3r from http://freesound.org *)
- Rain on car windscreen by daveygann from http://freesound.org +)
- Police Radio by http://freesound.org +)
- Slow soothing heartbeat by Jesus +)
- Book Pages Turning by jetstar from http://youtube.com +)
- Baseball Game on Radio by L. Raleigh +)
- Woman Sighing by Rach_Capache from http://freesound.org +)
- car driving interior by squareal freesound.org +)
*) Soundsnap.com license