Search for atmospheres
In The Annex
A Quiet Day of Research
For once, a rare moment of peace and quiet on the journey to save the world! You've scored your favorite spot at the last seat on the long side end of the central table, with the card catalog immediately behind you for easy reference. Cassandra, perched at her desk to your left, is taking notes on a giant book she pulled down from the upstairs shelves (something about Newton's laws and their applications to ley lines that sounds really cool). Jones is typing away at his own desk somewhere behind your right shoulder, while Stone is holed up at his own desk behind your other shoulder with a mountain of books and notes (taken the old-fashioned way with pencil and paper, thank you very much). Jenkins is doing his thing to your right, occasionally coming around to top off everyone's teacups and give pointed coughs to get errant researchers back on track if necessary. He's simultaneously doing something magical with something that looks like it escaped from his favorite lab... But figuring out that mechanical-magical mystery is a puzzle for another day. As is the question of how a wood-burning fireplace with a fancy, carved stone surround and no chimney to speak of has appeared between the stacks on the first floor, right where it sheds the most heat out into the main room...
Comments for "A Quiet Day of Research"
License details for "A Quiet Day of Research"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Fireplace, subtle and perfect by "reinsamba" from http://freesound.org +)
- dictionary by Desiree +)
- Stirring Tea sc by glitchedtones +)
- macbook typing by jaredpass24 from http://freesound.org +)
- Man clearing throat by johnnypanic from http://freesound.org +)
- Pouring tea by Paul Sutryan from http://freesound.org +)
- Pencil drawing by rylandbrooks +)
- Magical Effect by Stephen Saldanha from http://freesound.org +)